Rental Counseling & AssistanceEnroll
City of Cleveland
Are you worried about paying your rent?
ESOP, a subsidiary of Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging, may be able to help you qualify for up to 12 months of rental assistance.
We can also help reduce and prevent evictions by:
- Helping clients identify an affordable rental unit
- Providing information to renters on tenant rights and fair housing issues
- Counseling on household budgeting and safe and affordable rental practices
- Connecting clients with community resources
Learn how we can help renters by calling ESOP at (216) 361-0718 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you worried about paying your rent because of COVID-19? ESOP can help.
Residents of the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County that have been impacted by COVID-19, who are low to moderate income, have experienced unemployment and/or a reduction in household income are encouraged to apply.
If you qualify for rental assistance, you may be required to attend more in-depth financial counseling, provided at no cost to you from ESOP, as a condition for payment of the rental assistance.
Priority is given based on criteria such as eviction status, accurate information and complete documentation.
What will you need to provide?
- Photo ID for all adults in the home
- Social security cards for all household members
- Proof of income (tax returns, paystubs or fixed income benefit award letter)
- Rental/lease agreement
- Proof of citizenship
- Copies of utility bills
To learn how ESOP can help, call us at 216.361.0718 or email email@example.com.
We offer this service in proud partnership with CHN Housing Partners.